PAN Import can be used to quickly transfer DICOM studies created externally to the PACS. The software can be integrated into existing HIS/RIS/PACS systems and set up on any client workstation. CDs/DVDs can be read using a standard CD/DVD disc drive.
With the help of a desktop tool, DICOM studies can be read and imported from CDs or external data storage devices that are IHE-PDI compatible. The import destination can be configured as desired and requires a DICOM SCP.
In addition to the desktop tool, a PAN Import server with the following features is also provided:
- The DICOM studies are read from the data storage device at any workstation using a desktop client, which forwards the data to the server.
- However, it is also possible to receive and process DICOM studies from external institutes directly on the server.
- Depending on the configuration, patient data is automatically compared with patient data available in the RIS/HIS, either on the client or server.
- Import measures are automatically assigned. In the simplest case, the same measure is always used, e.g. CD import.
- An optional exam comparison is performed according to defined rules. The mapping of the measure (depending on the modality), the anatomic region or body part examined can also be integrated.
- The compared data is then automatically sent to the PACS.
- If no existing RIS patient is found during the patient comparison, a new patient is created using the HL7 Order. The patient is given a unique patient ID generated on the PAN Import server with a configurable prefix (default = IMP).